June 22, 2014

My Last Day As An 18 Year Old.

As of tomorrow (Monday, June 23rd) I will officially be 19 years old.
I've not really been looking forward to turning 19 because it seems a very adult age to be, and I think I'm the furthest thing from ready to be an adult.
So, instead I thought I would pull out my diary (which I've successfully been keeping for 1.5 years now!) and tell you about some of the experiences I've had and things I achieved in my 18th year as Erin Hanson. So here we go!

In my 18th year I.....

1. Made a lot of clothes
2. Read 46 books
3. Deleted my Facebook account
4. Took up Yoga
5. Taught myself Theban
6. Tried Vegetarianism
7. Voted in my first election
8. Realised I hated university
9. Went to Cirque Du Soleil
10. Learnt Amigurumi
11. Made multiple sheet forts
12. Went to a 1D Concert
13. Spontaneously skipped uni with my best friend and went to a second concert (we bought tickets as the supporting act was on stage)
14. Started stargazing
15. Dropped out of university
16. Got my hair ombréd
17. Went to a midnight movie premiere
18. Went camping
19. Started teaching myself Astronomy
20. Met Louis Cole (funforlouis on youtube)
21. Spent a day in a cardboard box
22. Self published a poetry anthology
23. Went on my first cruise
24. Tried alcohol for the first time
25. Decided alcohol isn't for me
26. Got my first ever piercing (Helix)
27. Got my hair cut to my shoulders (the shortest ever)
28. Learnt embroidery
29. Took up Hooping
30. Lost my job
31. Woke up at 4am to watch my first meteor shower
32. Saw the worlds most beautiful sunrise
33. Went to a Bastille concert


Looking back on the person I was on the day I turned 18 until now, it is amazing how much I've changed, and almost without me knowing it too. I'm proud of who I've become, but at the same time it's upsetting to discover that I've left that version of me behind.

But here's to turning 19! I'm sure that this time next year I will have changed just as much again!

x Erin

Ps. I promise I will start making normal posts again soon.

14 comments:

  1. Seems like you had an awesome year! Happy birthday (just in case I can't congratulate you tomorrow!)

    Evelin Kivi

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's amazing, so many things!! Your hair looks wonderful that way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much! It's grown pretty quickly though so I have to go and get it trimmed again soon!

      Delete
  3. "21. Spent a day in a cardboard box"
    You're perfect.

    Happy birthday, Erin! Here's to many more, but more importantly a very very awesome year being 19 years old. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I remember when my dad came home with it, I was so excited I felt like a little kid again!
      Thankyou Carly! xx

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday for tomorrow. I Hope you have a wonderful day and get spoiled :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday for tomorrow lovely!

    You're lucky to have met Louis. He's amazing. And I must say admit, 19 is a fairly awkward age for me. I feel like the excitement from turning 18 has now disappeared, and now you're stuck in an awkward age, but I hope it's a great year for you! :)

    http://naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday for tomorrow Erin ! Hope you have an amazing day !
    Eb x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy {early} Birthday! Oh you lucky duck! Meeting Louis must have been amazing!
    xx,
    Brooke Jordan // Pineapples & Daisies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy {happy} birthday, and just so you know, your blog makes me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! Looks like you had your share of ups and downs when you were eighteen. (Btw, do you have any advice about starting high school? I'm starting this fall and I'm really freaking out.)

    Thanks!
    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  10. But you met Louis omg!! Belated Happy Birthday Erin! x

    thebewilderedkid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your piercing and hair look so nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin