Hey everyone! I have a really exciting post today (for me anyway)... a Room Tour! I've been wanting to do one for ages and I have finally gotten round to it. I moved into this room last february and I think it looks a lot more homely now than it did when I first moved. I'll give you a warning though, this post is probably going to be long. To keep it more organised I've split it into separate sections so I can write about each one afterwards. I'll also be linking to a lot of blog posts I've previously written about some of the items in my room if you're interested!
First though, here's a video so you can work out where everything is in relation to everything else! Also, I'm giving bonus points to anyone who can accurately count how many hot air balloons and world maps are in my room (good luck, seriously.)
1. Desk
This is all along the wall directly to your left when you walk in, and when I'm not sleeping, it's where I spend most of my time (*cough* tumblr *cough*)
- On the back of the door I have a yearly calendar as well as some of my embroideries.
- My favourite part of this side of the room is all of the photos I've stuck on it, of places I'd like to see or just things that I find pretty and calming. I also have a few things strung up along it: a line of prayer flags which I got from Nepal back in 2012, a quote cut out of cardboard which says "If you cannot be a poet, be the poem", some green fairy lights in the shape of leaves as well a a few more embroideries.
- Along my desk (from left to right) I have:
- my to-do list, attached with a magnet to my desk lamp, easy to see!
- a pencil holder made from a flower pot
- a document holder where I keep my mini dictionary, a book on plants my grandma gave me, my astronomy notebook and a few other things
- another pen jar, a money jar where I put any silver coins
- a jar where I keep dried sprouts before I grow them on my windowsill
- 2 jars with paperclips
- my polaroid, normal camera (when I'm not using it) and go-pro
- lots of notebooks (my 365 photo a day journal, writing journal, quote notebook, sketchbook, poetry books and a few others)
- a set of mini drawers that holds random cords, hi-lighters etc. As well as my plant and my binoculars for stargazing on top of it.
- Next to my desk I have my arm chair where I normally sit and read which is super comfy and has a lovely view out the window.
2. Windows
From left to right along this wall I have:
- A world map, dreamcatcher and a pastel drawing that my wonderfully talented sister did for me back in 2007 when I had just gotten him.
- My windowsill garden! I really love this part of my room, it makes it look so much prettier than a boring old windowsill. At the moment I'm mainly growing sprouts and also a bit of watercress. I love opening my curtains in the morning and watering all of them. I also have a dreamcatcher I made with a crystal in the middle that spreads rainbows all around the room when it's sunny.
- The flags I sewed a while back, as well as some more plants hanging in jars and a little hot air balloon ornament.
- Underneath my windowsill I have my sewing machine (I only leave it out when I'm using it!) As well as a sewing box that my dad made for me. How lovely is it! It has little drawers and everything inside it. I love it so much!
- On the very right of the wall I have a little rack with hooks on it where I normally hang up an outfit that I'm going to where the next day. Right now though it's just covered in some of my favourite jumpers.
3. Dressing Table
- There's nothing really interesting about this part of my room, it's just crammed with bobby pins, scrunchies in a jar, the treasure chest my grandpa made me ages ago which is filled with letters I've received, my jewellery tree and other bits and bobs. I also have some of my favourite photos underneath the glass at the bottom.
- Above my dressing table I have a few garlands, one with quotes, one with gumnuts, and one with strawberries which I helped my sister make for a fancy dress party.
4. Bed
Quite possibly my favourite part of my room, purely for the fact that I have windows right next to my bed. When I wake up I can sit in the warmth of my bed and watch the sun rise, or at night right before I go to bed I like to hang out my window (don't tell mum) and look at all the stars.
- On my windowsill I have a whole heap of random bits and pieces, including an antique wind up clock, my gumnut calendar, and a little statue of a girl reading. I'm currently growing some sprouts which I'll put here soon too, because it gets lovely morning sun.
- When my bed's made I put my small army of stuffed toys including a few I have made (1,2) on it, as well as three cushions I made which are coloured on one side and have a hot air balloon material on the other.
- Hanging above my bed I have 3 picture frames and a little garland I made. The middle picture frame was from my sister for christmas, she wrote out one of my poems and illustrated it. How gorgeous is it!
- Then stuck onto the roof above my bed, directly where my eyes fall when I'm laying down, I have this quote: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
5. Bedside Table
- On my windowsill I have a whole heap of random bits and pieces, including an antique wind up clock, my gumnut calendar, and a little statue of a girl reading. I'm currently growing some sprouts which I'll put here soon too, because it gets lovely morning sun.
- When my bed's made I put my small army of stuffed toys including a few I have made (1,2) on it, as well as three cushions I made which are coloured on one side and have a hot air balloon material on the other.
- Hanging above my bed I have 3 picture frames and a little garland I made. The middle picture frame was from my sister for christmas, she wrote out one of my poems and illustrated it. How gorgeous is it!
- Then stuck onto the roof above my bed, directly where my eyes fall when I'm laying down, I have this quote: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars"
5. Bedside Table
This bedside table has pretty much none of the important things that you should put on a bedside table. Instead I have:
- A photo of my best friend and I from our cruise.
- The books I am currently reading (the pile is usually much much bigger than this since I have a tendency to start new books before I finish the one before them)
- My candle lantern
- A crown I made out of sticks and wire
- A fish bowl filled with marbles and a few random things
- The spare gumnuts for my gumnut calendar
- And the essential to all bedside tables: a snowglobe.
Whilst we're here lets also talk about my phonecase! It's a still from the movie "Into The Wild" and I love it oh so much!
5. Bookshelf
The final wall of my room, I have my cupboard with 2 mirrored doors and one with photos of memories stuck on it. You can't see it in these photos, but above it I have another quote "Your actions speak louder than words"
- We then come to my significant other. My bookshelf. On top of it I have this little glasshouse from IKEA, with a few bits and pieces in it, like my circlet, and elephant from Nepal and other things people have brought back for me from their travels.
- I also have another pile of books on top of my shelf. Ones that I am planning on reading next.
- I have photos of some of my favourite books stuck to the wall above my bookshelf
- And finally all my wonderful books! I'm starting to run out of room on my shelf though so have taken to stacking some books horizontally on top of the others. Oh well!
- I also have a paper globe hanging from the roof of my room.
YOU MADE IT!
If you read all the way down to the bottom I am automatically promoting you to 'best person ever'. I hope you enjoyed my way too detailed look at my room! I often see people's room tours where everything is white and minimalistic, and I do sometimes get jealous, but I think a full and home-y room suits me best! I'd love to know what you think! Is your room full of things or is it more on the minimalistic side?
Have a wonderful week, and I think you deserve a quick rest now after all the reading you just did!
x Erin






Your room is like a museum of yourself and that strawberry garland is killing me with sweetness. <3
ReplyDeleteReally love your room. I love how it has so much personality, and your room is fairly big too (if only mine was). Love it. :)
ReplyDeleteNaturally Jes
I love the star theme that's going on <3
ReplyDeletewhat a lovely room!!
ReplyDeletethebewilderedkid.blogspot.com x
I love your room ! It would be great to have a window right beside your bed ! So perfect and the views are amazing !
ReplyDeleteEb x
Your room is so lovely! I love all your hot air ballons and world maps, these are amazing! ♥ But I wasn't able to count them! ;)
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful day xx
Love your room!! I love full and homely room and my room my smaller than yours (way smaller) and I have all white furniture to make it look brighter and cleaner but all of my things are really bright and colourful so it equals out :P
ReplyDeleteAnd I always make the most most of space, so when there is an empty wall I automatically think of what I should put there! And that basically means I doubt I will ever have a minimalistic bedroom :D
Sorry for the long comment, have an amazing day
Ruby xox
www.rubydean.com
Your bedroom looks so inspirational to me, but I must say that I fell in love with your ''stars'' jumper:)
ReplyDeletex
http://iamthehopefulwanderer.blogspot.com/
your room! it's so wonderful! i love seeing living spaces because it gives me so much inspiration for my own. the window light in your room is magnificent, and i love love love all of the nepal flags. (ok, i'll stop gushing now)
ReplyDeleteLittle Blue Backpack
I love the photo walls, Erin! I think tehy are the best way to decorate a bedroom. They're easy and fun to do, and the memories they project are so beautiful. Anyway, I love how your bed screams vintage. I think it's because of the sheets, but whatever the reason may be, it's really beautiful. Also, those plushies are so adorable. I'm glad to know you still hold on to stuffed animals. Thanks for sharing that. All the best! :)
ReplyDeleteDante Storey @ The Healthy Bed Store