July 20, 2014

Sewing || Embroidered Pillow Case.

Oh hey!
Remember that embroidery craze I went through a while back? Well I wouldn't say it's hit me again but I'm enjoying doing some little embroidery projects here and there. You might remember I did another embroidered pillowcase back in January (oh wow I can't believe it was that long ago!) But I thought it was time for another one!


I didn't sew anything extra on it this time, just embroidery, and I actually remembered to embroider before I sewed the pillowcase together, which made it 100 x easier! I tried doing a bit of transition from lighter to darker thread colours but I'm not sure how well it worked.

The quote I used is a lyric from Alligator Sky by one of my favourite artists, Owl City:

"Dip your toes in the galaxy, cause it's yours to explore tonight."

I quite like the idea of exploring distant galaxies from the comfort and safety of my bed!


What are some craft projects you guys have been doing lately? I'm in desperate need of some new ideas!

I hope you all have a wonderful day, but until then I'm off to ride on shooting stars. See you later!

x Erin

6 comments:

  1. Eeep, this is beautiful! Why haven't I embroidered a pillowcase yet? Why don't I just embroider quotes on everything all the time?

    I'm like THIS close to finishing a crochet bag I've been working on all week. It's gonna be my Enchantemissary bag to hold all sorts of supplies and what not. And Silkworm. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats SO cool! You are so clever I love all your craft projects!

    Have a lovely day
    Ruby xox
    www.rubydean.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ! Very cool quote

    Embroidery is soo amazinh!!

    Xx Barbora

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks amazing! i've wanted to learn embroidery forever. i think it's such a neat skill to have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Erin :)
    I just found your blog through my friend Sam and I love it :)

    Sewing is such a cool hobby and your writing in this is so neat and cool. I would love to be able to do something like this! I used to love sewing when I was younger :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That song is a favorite of mine. ;) and you did a good job on the pillow! I could never do that!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin