October 5, 2016

Brain Dump #1


I think one of the reasons I went on hiatus back in March (how was it so long ago already!?) was that I felt this space had grown into one where everything had to be well curated and visually appealing. I'd unknowingly boxed myself into a place where there wasn't much room to express the messy and incoherent parts of me that were just as important as the one that likes order. So here's an attempt at fixing that: brain dumps. Rambling thoughts or ideas that have occurred to me in the past few turns of time. 

1. Why have all the blogs I used to read seemingly died? I went through and unfollowed all the no longer used blogs I once followed and now I'm left with hardly any. Has blogging started to lose its popularity or is it just losing its popularity with me? Maybe I just have no niche community to fit into.

2. Today I locked myself in my bathroom with a pair of scissors and gave myself a fringe. Whether I'll regret it remains to be seen. I've not had one since that awkward 2008 stage but now it just makes me want to wear hoop earrings and denim jackets. I think I might love it.

3. Today I left the house purely to go and buy a loaf of bread and I think that may be the definition of adulthood.

4. Library's are so underrated. LOOK AT ALL THIS FREE KNOWLEDGE FOR THE TAKING.

5. Even though you can leave a place and you can leave things behind, you still carry all your thoughts with you despite how heavy they are. 

6. I haven't been writing poetry recently. To be honest it just doesn't feel like it's in me anymore. I want to do something new and leave that part of me behind.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin