![]() |
| Shirt: Thrifted, Skirt: Homemade, Rings: Gifted & Homemade, Earrings: Gifted, Scrunchie: Homemade |
When creating New Year's Resolutions at the end of last year I kept coming back to an idea I've had for a while but have been too scared to announce to anyone. The ironic thing is that I already follow this premise for the most part but once I share it with others I'm locked in; it's something that I feel I need to achieve.
I've decided that for as long as I possibly can (hopefully forever!) I will only wear clothing that is thrifted, gifted or homemade. There's a few exceptions to this rule such as underwear, socks and sports wear, but I would love to eventually learn how to make my own of these too!
Obviously with homemade items but also with thrifted ones, you get the feeling of uniqueness. There's a story behind each piece; whether it's the one you created by making it or one you will never know by someone you'll never meet. There's intention each time you pick an outfit from your wardrobe and everything feels special, like it's truly yours and not like anything else people will own from chain stores.
So now I've announced it and I need to stick with my goal. Hopefully I'll be able to encourage other people to try including more thrifted or homemade items into their own lives too.
~ Erin


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin