So since it is the new year (hurray!) I suppose it is customary to give you my list of new years resolutions. I know that many people see new years resolutions as silly things that you make up and then never really achieve, but for the past two years I've been setting myself resolutions and achieve quite a few of them by the end of the year. So here are my resolutions for this year!
1. Stay of Twitter for six months.
Now I know what you're probably thinking, I'm another one of "those" kids. Addicted to spending their time stalking celebrities *cough* One Direction *cough* and the truth is that by thinking that you aren't actually that far off. From 2010 I had a twitter account, dedicated solely to wasting time. So at the end of last year as my obsession with this boyband began to die off, it suddenly hit me how much of my time had been wasted on this social media website when I could have actually been doing something important, like doing well in school perhaps? But nevermind that, because this year is a new year, and if I can make it to the six month mark, then I'm pretty sure I can make it through the rest of my life without it as well.
2. Make new friends at uni.
Sounds pretty simple in theory doesn't it. But it doesn't help that I have a severe lack in what I like to think of as "friend making skills" Now don't get me wrong, I do have some amazing friends, but it takes me a very long time before I start to feel comfortable around people, and since uni is going to be a brand new thing for me, filled with people I have never seen in my life I just hope that I can make at least one friend to make it less of a lonely place. (Plus my sister would definitely not approve if I just hung around with her all the time)
3. Compliment at least one person a day.
Pretty self explanatory, just trying to make the world a better place :)
4. Be open to new things.
When I left school, it struck me how many opportunities I had missed out on at school simply because I was too scared of failing at anything new. But this year I am determined to put my foot down and stop this. I will try out at least one new thing that I have never done before!
5. Read more books than last year.
This one seems to be pretty self explanatory as well. Reading is to the soul what exercise is to the body.
6. Keep a diary.
I always find myself reading over old diary entries I wrote as a kid, and knowing that there was no way I would have remembered them if I hadn't written it down. It's also a good way for me to get my thoughts into an understandable order instead of them just floating around in a clump in my head. Being a very introverted person, I also find it hard to tell people what's troubling me. So writing it down is sort of my release.
7. Appreciate the smaller things.
Again, this one explains itself. I need to learn to stop and appreciate what I have more before it's gone.
8. Write letters and send cards to people.
So far I am really glad I made this resolution, I know that personally I love receiving letters in the mail, so I hope I can brighten some of my closest friends and family's days when they get an unexpected letter.
9. Do blogilates for the entire year.
This one is also really important to me. Last year I let my health and fitness be pushed out of my list of priorities, so this year I'm going to get back on track!
10. Stop caring what others think.
I feel like when I care too much what others think I lose a bit of who I really am. If I want to do something, do it. Screw if someone has a problem with it, this is my life and I'm going to live it the way that I want to!
So do you make new years resolutions? If you do I would love to hear what they are for this year! Or did you accomplish ones that you set last year?
Over and out,
Erin
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog :) Your blog is really cute :)
ReplyDeleteLoving your first NY resolution, I confess I am abit addicted to twitter too!! Also, on the University front, don't worry about making friends! Everyone is feeling exactly the same on the first day, and I guarantee you'll make loads of friends! I just graduated last year, and some of my best friends are those that I met at Uni on my very first day :)
Aimée X
dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk
Thankyou so much, I really hope you're right and I make some new friends! x
DeleteLove these resolutions Erin, esp #8. There is something special when a friend takes the time to send a random card.
ReplyDelete- Kate - Mixed Bag of Threads
Thankyou! #8 is definitely my favourite resolution :) x
Delete