January 31, 2013

Stitch Me Up.

So if you read my first post, you will know that I love to sew. Mainly little things like pencil cases or bags, but occasionally I branch out and try sewing something I can wear! A while ago I came across a company known as Damsel In This Dress and I absolutely adored everything they made, so I decided to try and make one of their dresses for myself. And this is how it turned out: (Please ignore my spinning, I seem to love taking photos of me spinning)








Basically, I made this dress without a pattern (which is why it's rough in some places) The top lavender piece is made out of a type of lycra, and the underneath piece of the skirt is also the same material. The main skirt was just a very light fabric and I thought the colours were absolutely beautiful. I loved the idea of the heart buttons and using lace instead of straps.

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think of it!

Over and out,
Erin.



6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! This is awesome! I love making clothes too, I am currently making a cosmic print skater skirt and tartan dress. So cool that you made it without a pattern :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Oh that sounds really pretty, make sure you upload some photos when you're done so I can see! x

      Delete
    2. Thankyou, I will do :) x

      Delete
  2. Erin, I love that dress. I love the pleaty/drapiness of the skirt. Great colors.- Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful dress! I want.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin