February 4, 2013

Button Up.

Okay so today's post is another sewing post. This shirt is another one that I got at the thrift shop on saturday, it was the one item that I kind of bought on a whim, I knew I couldn't possibly wear it as it was so there was some serious altering that needed to be done!

Here's what it looked like at the start:

After a lot of umming and ahhing over what I should actually DO to the shirt, I decided to add some pieces of floral fabric, instead of leaving the whole shirt white. There was already a large piece of white fabric in the same shape as the new one at the back, so I just used it as a template to recreate the shape of it, I also cut the cuff of the sleeves off and the rolled them up about 4 times before sewing the new fabric onto it. I also used the white pocket as a template as well and simply stitched the floral material over the top.

When I purchased the shirt it was wayyy too big for me, so to accommodate for that I put six lines of sherring in the back of the shirt and I also took in the side seams as well as the sleeves, and then I brought
the hem up at the bottom.

Shirt: $4






Please let me know what you think of it! Personally I really love how unique it is and I wore it out to the movies today paired with a black singlet and floral denim pants.

Over and out,
Erin.





10 comments:

  1. The end result is so good, absolutely love it :D x

    the-secret-getaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW it looks nice good job :D
    http://thesweetmonster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the placement of the fabric :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks like a completely different top-well done :)

    Tanesha x
    www.tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made it look SO expensive! Great job x

    http://lucyandbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's amazing

    check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever, you really are talented. I am trying to learn to do things like this so this post really interested me. You have a great blog and I am now following, looking forward to seeing more posts like this )

    Janine xx
    BakeGlueandTrend
    Giveaway Post >>> bakeglueandtrend.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/love-dress-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented, I would never of though of doing this its such a smart idea!
    Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog

    www.whathopeshearting.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, well done! It has quite a unique retro look :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, I would absoloutely love for you to make me a tshirt like that! amazing!:D xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin