February 9, 2013

How I stay happy.

I know that in our day and age there seems to be more and more young people unhappy with their lives, and being led into the downward spiral of depression. I thought for this post that I'd just let you guys know what I do to stay happy on days when things don't seem to be going my way. I would recommend trying this to anyone who might be feeling a little down.

I have a notebook where I write down things that make me smile, they might only be simple things, but that is the best thing about it. It shows you that sometimes the smallest things are the best. I don't write in this notebook everyday,  but when I experience something that really makes me smile I write it down. Here's my list so far: (Starting from 2011)


  • Children's eyelashes fluttering as they fall asleep
  • Laying down and watching the sky
  • Realising you have amazing friends
  • Spending long amounts of time with friends
  • When little kids give you a hug without you asking them
  • Being organised
  • Complimenting people
  • Receiving compliments
  • Nice pictures
  • Meaningful quotes
  • Hearing your favourite song on the radio
  • Having a pretty hairstyle
  • People who are nice to you
  • Friends that laugh at anything with you
  • Cute objects
  • Not having much homework
  • When people ask if you're okay
  • Free things
  • Understanding something at school
  • Making people smile
  • Being told you make a difference
  • Doing good deeds
  • Cuddly toys
  • Enjoying a lesson
  • Amazing dreams
  • Birds flying
  • Amazing clouds
  • Sitting and watching the world pass by
  • When somebody notices a slight change in your appearance
  • Keeping a diary
  • Looking at old work
  • Talking to someone you haven't talked to in a long time
  • Bedtime stories
  • Feeling beautiful
  • Nice handwriting
  • Warm mornings
  • Old memories
  • Remembering funny moments with friends
  • Going to bed early
  • Glitter
  • Meaningful hugs
  • Writing poetry
  • Holidays
  • Good books
  • Feeling that you belong
  • Smiling for no particular reason
  • Thinking of everything you can do with your life
  • Photos that capture people mid-laugh
  • Anklets
  • Spoiling myself
  • Taking photos
  • Feeling like a kid
  • Pets
  • Helping others
  • Change
  • New beginnings
  • Quotes
  • The world
  • Inspirational people
  • Sleepovers
  • Train rides
  • Photographs
  • Dressing up
  • Imagination
  • Books
  • Acting like a kid
  • Dresses
  • Love
  • A sense of community
  • A clean room
  • New things
  • The smell of books
  • Time
  • Learning
  • Handwritten letters
  • Getting mail
  • Christmas
  • Getting texts from people you love
  • Being inspired
  • Meeting your idols
  • Concerts
  • Elegance
  • Random texts
  • When something you were worried about turns out fine
  • Owl City
  • Making pancakes
  • Making people smile
  • Pretty words
  • Archery
  • Going outside
  • Exploring
  • Pens that work really well
  • Fog
  • Sunflowers
  • Nail polish
  • Luck
  • Colouring in
  • Braiding hair
  • Taking chances
  • Pampering myself
  • Children's innocence
  • The sunshine
  • Truly being yourself
  • Having time for you
  • Talking to old friends
  • Finding your new favourite song
  • Sport
  • New hobbies
  • Going for walks
  • Exercise
  • The olympics
  • Being proactive
  • Productive days
  • Black outs
  • The weather before a storm
  • Watching a storm roll in
  • The sound of rain
  • Going out of your comfort zone
  • Looking after yourself
  • Meeting new people
  • Big changes
  • Learning about what you're passionate about
  • Writing letters
  • Receiving letters
  • Making your own clothes
  • Exercising
  • Pushing yourself
  • Redecorating
  • Doing random acts of kindness
That's my list so far. Everytime I'm upset or down I always go back and read it to remember to appreciate what I have. Let me know what ways you use to stay happy!

Over and out,
Erin.

Photos that capture people mid-laugh

2 comments:

  1. such an uplifiting list. Life is wayy too short to ever be sad! :)

    Steph // fun size beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is refreshing. Life is full of too many wonderful moments to focus on the negative.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin