November 6, 2013

My First Hair-Dye Experience.


Hello hello hello!
I am super duper excited to share this post with you guys today because I am in love with my "new" hair! Keep in mind though, the title of this post may be a bit misleading because I didn't "dye" my hair with colour so to speak, instead I used bleach to take the colour out.... but that's just too technical so let's just ignore that and get on with the post!


Before (top) and After (bottom)
I think the technical name for what I got done to my hair is "Balayage", and I was super nervous to get it done! The most drastic thing I've ever done to my hair was when I cut most of it off to donate to charity last November. A year on and I decided it was time for another change!


I absolutely love the way it looks when my hair is up as well as when it's down. I think the bun reminds me of some sort of chocolate swirl.... yum! It's also light enough that you can definitely tell it's a different colour, but not so light that it looks white and unnatural.

 My sister was also kind enough to take some photos of some of the braids I did in my hair with her DSLR camera. I like how the braids look because I think they stand out so much more when there's a different colour in the mix. Also, let me know if you like my daisy chain headband because I'm thinking of doing a DIY post on it soon!


What do you think?
 What's the most drastic thing you've done to your hair or what do you wish you were brave enough to attempt?

Hope you all have a lovely day.




6 comments:

  1. Your hair is cool I especially like it when it is braided!! U are ver pretty :)

    Xx Barbora
    Abitconfusing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh sooo cool!! It looks so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin,
    Thank you so so much for your comment on my blog! I really love hearing other people's experiences!
    Your hair looks gorgeous! Did you just use bleach to get this amazing result? It looks fabulous and natural! And what an hair-artist are you, that braid is incredible! The most drastic thing I did to my hair, was when I was 10 years old. I had my hair cut right to just above my ears, eeek!

    Sofie x
    Little green Sofie

    ReplyDelete
  4. wwwooooaah! Hey there, I'm a new reader on here, but the hair looks damn pretty. I thought it was an ombre at first. and oh god damn your braiding...just wow *gulps a large ton of air* *blows out slowly in admiration*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thankyou so much for reading my blog, hope you like it! haha thankyou so much I love braiding :D x

      Delete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin