
Hello you beautiful people!
Before you start reading anything.... Do you like my new blog design!? I feel as though christmas is finally coming!
Today I have a post that's a little bit different to what I usually do. Since I recently went camping on the weekend just past, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to show you what I view as essentials to bring in the car on the way there, and also while you're camping. Keep in mind these are my essentials, and it would be different for everyone!
Without further ado, let's get started!
Firstly, the number one most important thing to bring is a backpack. Otherwise, what are you going to put everything in!? This also doubles as something you can keep jumpers, food and water in when you go for long walks once you're finally at your destination.
Now onto the contents of the bag (from left to right):
1. A book (or two): Don't underestimate just how much spare time you can have while camping. Waiting for meals to cook, waiting for the shower, after waking up, before bed; books provide the perfect entertainment for when you're camping. My favourite kinds of books to read while camping (or anytime) are ones with lots of adventures! It will make you even more excited for your days spent camping. I'm taking two of the Ranger's Apprentice books with me.
2. Some money/change: This isn't for camping so much as while on the road. You never know if you're going to pass and icecream stand on your way there.
3. A camera: this one speaks for itself! Go and make some memories.
4. Pen: again, it speaks for itself. You never realise how much you need a pen until you don't have easy access to them (I keep this one in the front pocket of my bag).
5. Sunglasses: I'm starting to think all of these things speak for themselves...
6. A Dictionary: Okay you're all probably thinking ARE YOU CRAZY!? The simple answer is yes. Recently I've started writing any unknown words I come across in my reading or in everyday life down in a little notebook (the orange one in the bottom row) and then looking up what they mean at the end of the day. It's a really good way to kill some time as well as learning something!
7. Pencilcase: Contains the essentials; pencils, erasers and a LOT of pens.
8. My blog journal: I feel as though I might get some new ideas for blog posts while I'm camping, so better have something to write them on!
9. Playing cards: Never underestimate the power of playing cards to entertain. These are a MUST for everyone.
10. Ipod: This is mainly for the car trip down and back, you know when you get too far away from radio towers that all you get is static on the radio? Yeah, these are lifesavers. I'm going to try and steer clear of too much technology while I'm there, so probably won't be using this while I'm camping.
11. Tissues: self explanatory.
12. Pocket Cloud Book: This one is only new to my collection! If there's one thing you should know about me, it's that I love love love clouds and stars. I think they are absolutely amazing! I'm really interested in cloud-spotting and trying to predict the oncoming weather by using clouds, so this book is a must have for me!
13. Small notebook: Refer to #6
14. Notebook: This one is empty. You never know what crazy thoughts you're going to want to write down while you're camping!
I also have a watch and a compass/thermometer attached to the handle of my bag. No matter what you think, you will ALWAYS need a watch when you're camping, and you never know when you might need a compass or thermometer.
So that's it! It's quite a long list isn't it!?
One thing that I would definitely put on the DO NOT BRING UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES list would be your phone. It's only a couple of days, and if you're going to spend the entire time on the phone then what was the point of going camping at all? Honestly. Trust me on this one, you aren't going to miss anything vital while you're away.


yes I do like the new festive blog design:-) looks like you're well equipped! great post x
ReplyDeletehttp://trendsareoverrated.blogspot.co.uk/