
Hello hello hello! I'm here to remind you that you've officially made it through the first month of 2014! It's not always an easy thing to do, but you've done it so go and give yourself a pat on the back!
I feel like I dived into January head-first this year, ready to make changes that inevitably come with a new year. I think I made the most of the fresh start and I'm excited to see what February will bring!
So without further ado, here are my favourites from the first month of 2014...
I've had quite a few good moments this month, so I thought I would make a list of my top 3:
1. If you've read my recent blogposts then I'm sure you can guess what this moment was. It probably wasn't a "moment" so much as an event, but it was going on my cruise! It was so amazing and relaxing (exactly what I needed). If I had to pick one specific moment from the whole cruise that was my favourite, I would have to say exploring the Isle of Pines and just seeing how magical the place looked!
2. My second favourite moment wasn't really a moment either... (maybe I need to change the name of this section...) but it was starting to sell my poetry books! It's absolutely crazy seeing photos of my work in other peoples bookshelves and it still shocks me to think that people appreciate my work enough to buy it.
3. My third favourite moment happened on the last day of January, and that was getting my helix pierced! I don't even have my ears pierced normally so this was my first every piercing! I was super nervous, but it turned out there was nothing to be nervous about, it didn't even hurt!
I'd wanted this piercing for ages but was too scared to get it before, but I figured if I didn't do it now I never would! and there's no better time to do it, seeing as my new years resolution is to say yes to more things!
My favourite photo is this one from the cruise:
My favourite song of this month has definitely been "Stay Alive" by Jose Gonzalez the song is just so relaxing to me and it's the perfect thing to play while you're just relaxing or watching the world pass by.

I've been repeating this quote to myself a lot recently, it's a good reminder that things won't always go your way, and you need to be okay with that because your are just part of the universe, you have no control over it.
So they are all my favourites for this month! I'd love to hear some of yours.
There aren't any materialistic favourites this month (favourite outfit, most wanted etc.) because I just haven't really been in that sort of mood this month. I'm focusing more on improving myself on the inside, rather than what I'm wearing on the outside.
I can't wait to see what February will bring!






I enjoyed reading this post ! Where do you get the cool fonts from !? I love the photo !
ReplyDeleteEb x
"Similarly to Zoe I just found your blog too! This is the only post I've looked at so far but I love it so much! It is so natural and absolutely gorgeous! I'm definitely going to start following you as soon as I finish writing this comment! Can't wait to read more of your posts :)
ReplyDeletex Erin"
Hello Erin!
I've spent the past hour reading your blog and wow you are so talented! It sounds like you had the most amazing time on the cruise and you are so incredibly lucky! (your DIY's are amazing as well!)
sorry if its a little odd to reply on your blog but I don't think blogger gives notifications and I wanted to ask you something :) it's just a little project I'm starting on my blog soon, that I would absoloutley love you to be a part of! i was wondering if you had an email I can contact? mine's ninapirola@gmail.com
Hope to hear from you and I hope we can be internet/ blogger friends :) ahaha
lots of love,
- nina xx
I love this post! It sounds like your trip and month were so fun!
ReplyDelete