Hello all you lovely people!
Right now as I am writing this it is raining outside and rather miserable, but by the time you read this I will be sailing towards the Pacific Islands on a cruise with my best friend! I'm going to be away from the 11th - 19th of January so any posts you get during that time will be scheduled. Feel free to comment and I will reply to you when I get back home!
Anyway, to the actual point of this post now.
The other day my mum brought home two bits of fabric and I was so excited to get my hands on them and turn them into something new. I'll tell you what though; new fabric can give you quite some stress. What are you going to make!? Don't waste that fabric now! Lucky for me, I'm really happy with how the overalls I made turned out, so I thought I would show them to you!

I pretty much never use patterns, but I got a pattern for a pair of shorts for FREE from the thrift shop the other day, so I thought I would put it to good use! (I'm thinking of doing a giveaway with a pair of the shorts I have made, let me know what you think!) So anyway, I used the pattern for the bottom part of the overalls and then made the top similar to the one I made for my floral pinafore. I made two long crossover straps, and then decorated them with mismatched buttons (yellow with red thread and red with yellow thread). I also made a big pocket for the front and found this "E" patch which I sewed on the front.
I love them! They make me feel really childlike and I'm not saying that's a bad thing, because who doesn't want to be a little kid again!?
I absolutely love the E on the pocket, and I think it just adds something extra. They also remind me something but I just can't put my finger on what it is!
So what do you think of these overalls? Do you own any of your own?
I hope you're all having a wonderful January, and I will talk to you all when I get home!




These are so cute! I love the detail and you have inspired me to make something similar!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lexilikes.com/
That is sooo AwEsOmE!! You are so clever!
ReplyDeleteI love overalls and yours is so wonderful and pretty!!
Ruby xxx
Ahhh!! Can I come with you on your cruise. Sounds Ahmazing!! You are so clever with your sewing. I think I might need to go and find a shorts pattern and make myself some overalls. I'm thinking a washed denim pattern. And pretty please with a cherry on top do a giveaway of shorts. What about overalls *hint hint* - ok you are probably sick of my ramblings now so I shall be off, but you are so amazing at sewing, I need to do something other than pencil cases with my machine. I was thinking an iPad Mini sleeve, but that's a bit boring. I shall challenge myself to making some awesome overalls. Sorry for such a long comment. Ahh I'm so boring I know. x Harri
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love it!! Have fun on your cruise. x
ReplyDeleteThese are so cute and unique !
ReplyDeleteEb x
2-3oftheway.blogspot.co.uk
WOOOW! Sailing with your BFF!! That is soo amazing!! Cruises are always pretty exciting
ReplyDeleteI love your overall and a giveaway would be a gr8 idea too !! .D
xx Barbora
Awesome array ,All the acclimatized admonition is so advising for us ,I in ability acclimatized from your information.I will bookmark it,and administering it with my friends.Thanks.
ReplyDeleteHealthCare CPA