Hello hello! I've said it a few times and I'll say it again, but I'm going through a crochet phase at the moment. I recently made this leaf headband/crown which is not only cute but also super easy to make, so I thought I'd share it with you today! You can completely customise it too, change the colours, add flowers or beads. Anything!
You will need:
- Light green wool (or any colour you want)
- A button clasp
- Embroidery needle
- Crochet hook (I used 3.5mm, the bigger the hook the bigger your leaves)
- Thread
- Sewing Needle
What to do:
1. Make sure you know how to do a chain (ch), single crochet (sc), half double crochet (hdc), double crochet (dc) and treble crochet (tr)
2. Chain 10
3. Skip the last chain on the hook, then do each of these stitches respectively along the chain (one stitch in each stitch of the chain): sc, hdc, dc, tr, tr, tr, dc, hdc, sc.
4. You should now have crocheted down one side of the chain to get back to where you first began. Now do two more sc in the same chain stitch where you just did one, turning the leaf around as you go so that you can now crochet back up the chain on the other side.
5. Repeat the same stitches as step 3 (this time skipping the sc at the start since you just did it in step 4):
hdc, dc, tr, tr, tr, dc, hdc, sc
6. Tie off the end of your thread and you now have your first leaf!
5. Each time you crochet a leaf, attach it to the one before it by sewing them together with the embroidery needle and the same colour wool that you used for the leaves. I overlapped my leaves, but you could also sew them end on end.
6. Keep going until your leaf-chain is long enough to fit comfortably around your head.
7. Unclip your button clasp and sew one side to each of the end leaves. Make sure that you sew one side to the top of one leaf and the other side to the bottom of the second leaf. This way your overlapping pattern won't be ruined!
Your headband is now done! Once it's clipped up you can't tell that there's a clasp there at all.
Of course there's many other ways you could make your headband too. You could simply sew it right around without using a clasp (I used one to minimise the amount of stretching the leaves would need to do to pull it over my head), or you could also only crochet leaves partway round your head, and use elastic to hold it tightly at the back. It's up to you!
I think this headband is perfect for the wonderful Spring weather we've been having in Brisbane. Maybe if you're in the Northern Hemisphere you could use orange/brown wool to match the Autumn colours!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!
x Erin







No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin