December 24, 2014

2015 Resolutions

Christmas is tomorrow, but I don't get half as excited for it as I do for the new year. It's as though my mind likes to put all its excitement into one thing and new year's is it. There's few things better than the feeling of a clean slate; 365 brand new days free of anything bad with room for you to change and grow. I know that technically we should be able to feel like this every morning but there's just something so motivating about a fresh new year.

If you're interested you can find my resolutions for 2014 here, but since the year is so close to being over I figured it was time to start focussing on resolutions for the year to come!


1. Use technology productively.
No surprises there. I really want to focus on using technology when it's beneficial not just when it's productive. I can already tell that if I can stick to this it'll help me out with my creativity a lot. It's my main resolution.

2. Be more mindful.
I swear every single month I comment on how quickly it flew by while I was just sitting there watching it go. I want to take more time to be in moments instead of just waiting for the next one to arrive.

3. Put my whole self into everything.
I recently realised that the only things that are a waste of time are the things you do half-heartedly. If you put yourself into everything, even if it doesn't work out you've still achieved something by doing it.

4. Give starting an Etsy a shot.
This is the one that scares me the most. I almost took it off the list but remembered that if you don't aim for something that scares you then you're setting your sights too low. At the moment everything overwhelms me about Etsy/creating products but I really do want to give it an honest shot. If it doesn't work then that's okay, at least I tried right? (PS. If anyone has any helpful hints I would love to hear them)

5. Be bothered.
There's a post in my drafts folder with this title that will never see the light of day. Ironic really, considering what this mantra stands for. Carly said something that reminded me of it the other day, about simply being bothered to do things. Don't just think of something and then file it in the back of your mind to do at some mythical later date, get up and do it. Get inspired by it. The only way to create things is just that, stop sitting around and CREATE them.

So that's my main resolutions for 2015, have you come up with any for yourself yet or do you prefer to enter a new year without any? I'd love to know!

x Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin