September 10, 2016

Adventure || Melbourne


In 2014 my best friend moved to Melbourne to start studying at the National Institute for Circus Arts. This month she had her big end of second year show so I thought it was about time I made the trip to watch her perform. I'd been to Melbourne 3 times before but always to compete in gymnastics competitions and never for very long, so it was like exploring the city for the first time around again.

The first thing I found was that Melbourne has a distinctive culture that you can feel and see everywhere you look. The buildings, the shops, even the people have a look which is distinctly Melbournian. It made me realise how cultureless my hometown of Brisbane is. In the mornings we went exploring, going to places like St Kilda beach, The National Gallery and the alleyways filled with graffiti that Melbourne is well known for. Everywhere we went was bursting with beauty.

It was only a short trip; 5 and a half days altogether, but it was definitely worth it to visit a place I've now decided I want to call my home one day, and to see my best friend more than the once every 3 months that we're used to.

Melbourne, I will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin