Sorry I haven't been updating too much recently, but I've actually been participating in life instead of spending all day everyday on the internet! (Round of applause please)
So as everyone know this Thursday just gone was Valentines Day, and I spent the day at my new university. The two weeks prior to this day I had been so petrified of going to the "induction day" that I honestly felt sick. I didn't know a single person that was going and I guess my fear of being alone in a crowd of people sort of overtook me. To my happy surprise however, when I got there at least half the people were looking as nervous as I was and just sort of standing awkwardly by themselves.
Within the first ten minutes of being there one girl came up and introduced herself to me, we both had nobody we knew there so we stuck together and went around finding other people who knew nobody who could be our friends too. The people that we met were so nice and I'm just glad I had the confidence to talk to them.
Then halfway through the day when we were doing another introducing activity I spotted a boy that I went to primary school with, so went up and started talking to him and ended up having a good conversation with him. I don't know what came over me on that day but for some reason I wasn't even nervous to go up and talk to anybody, which probably seems normal to all of you, but I am the shyest person you will ever meet, so to talk to even one person I didn't know was an achievement let alone more than 20!
It's definitely made me less nervous about starting university for real in a weeks time.
Over and out,
Erin

I'm glad it went well! I have a hard time talking to people too. I probably wouldn't have gotten the courage to do so!
ReplyDeletechevrons&anchors.com
Sorry, I'm sleepy and glazed over this, but did it say that you are just starting university? First few weeks were hard for me when I started. Hope things go well! You'll get the hang of it. If that's not what you said... I'm sorry, I'm just half asleep!
ReplyDeletehaha thankyou! Yes it did :) I'm pretty nervous but I know I'll get into the swing of things soon x
Delete