

![]() |
| Spinning pictures are always essential. |


I was so excited when I found a gorgeous orangey dress at the thrift shop, it wasn't really a style that suited me so I got it to use the fabric. As soon as I got home I raced to the sewing machine and altered it into this hi-lo skirt. (It's a bit hard to see that it's hi-lo in the pictures). Then when I realised it matched my jelly sandals I as even more excited! Overall it took me about an hour and a half to make. I also got the shirt I am wearing from the thrift store too and the dress/skirt and shirt were both only $4!
I thought I'd quickly mention the jewellery I'm wearing. I got the purple gem ring when I was in Nepal at the end of last year, so it was super cheap, but I can't quite remember the price. The leaf ring was my mum's and I think it's from Avon. My watch is just a really cheapo one from Target, but I love the big face it has on it. My sandals were also really cheap from Big W, about $10.
So overall this outfit cost around about $18! That's amazing when you consider that normally you can hardly buy one item of clothing for that amount.
Please let me know what you think of the skirt, and keep an eye out for the other items of clothing I bought in posts soon.
Over and out,
Erin.





Wow! I love your post, and its encouraged me to go riffle through some thrift stores as well! If you get time, check out my blog? I'm a blogger newbie:) Look forward to reading more of you shopping adventures!
ReplyDeleteJade
I love your blog! but I can't work out where to follow you? :( x
DeleteI love your watch! so pretty! x
ReplyDeleteamstyleandbeautyblog.blogspot.com
Thanks for commenting, so sweet! :) I wish we had more thrift shops in Luxembourg, would love to find some rare pieces. haha, this post reminded me of Thrift Shop- Macklemore
ReplyDelete