So I said in my last post that I would make this one. (Not that anyone read my last post :( ) But I thought I'd tell you about the time last year when I donated my hair to charity.
I've always been a big lover of my hair, it's the way through which I express who I am. That probably sounds crazy but I am a very shy person so my hairstyles sort of talk for me. I love love love braiding and make up hundreds of weird and wacky hairstyles, I've even done some of my school friends hair for school formals (I'll make a post on this later). But anyway, I wasn't brave enough to shave all of my hair of, so instead I only cut some of it.
Basically the point of this charity is you would donate your hair (it had to be at least 22cm long) and then send it of to this charity and they would combine your hair with other donations in order to make wigs for people who are living with cancer.
Around the time that I did this, one of my friends lost her mother due to cancer so I'd like to think it was my little contribution to say "I'm thinking of you."
So anyway here are some before and after photos: I never actually realised how long my hair was before I cut it! And I'm about jealous of it's length now, but never fear because my hair is currently growing back very fast and I'm sure it'll be that length again soon :)
So there you go. What do you think of it? Have you/Would you ever donate your hair to charity?
Over and out,
Erin.

Wow your so brave for doing that, amazing! Being a guy, cutting my hair would be a bit different, but I like to think I would :p
ReplyDeleteThat's extremely thoughtful and kind of you. :) Your hair was/is so beautiful. I would definitely consider donating my hair if it got long enough. I hope to grow my hair as long as you have it in the first picture because I've never yet had it that long. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog layout, by the way!