August 11, 2013

How To || Having Fun Cleaning

I can see you all cringing from behind your computer screens right now. STOP IT, STOP CRINGING. I am here to help you make cleaning fun! (Okay okay I admit, cleaning will never be classed as "fun" but there is a way to make it a little bit less boring than it is normally)

    

               And that way is.... A DISNEY PLAYLIST! Yes, that is right. Well it worked for me anyway! Basically I did some research the night before and found some cleaning songs from Disney movies (there's more than you'd think) and I also added in some other disney songs that I loveeeee.

I found it very fun mouthing along to songs like "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" and pretending I was a princess trapped in a tower with "When Will My Life Begin" and although this probably made the job take a bit longer than it could have it also made it much more enjoyable!

In total it took me 1.5 days to finish cleaning my room, on the first day I cleaned out my messy cupboard, my desk, my dressing table and washed down and vacuumed all of my floor and mat, and then on the second day I cleaned out my clothes drawers and sent so many clothes in for donations at the thrift shop! (I'm going to be doing another post on de-cluttering your life soon)
This cupboard was where I would shove everything and anything that didn't have a place. Now it's a wonderful spot to hold my uni books.
     

Ta-da! There you have it, my top secret. You might think it sounds silly but just give it a try! I had a lot more fun than I probably should have!

As a special treat (can you call it that?) for reading down this far I'm linking you to a couple of silly videos I made while cleaning. Don't judge me too hard!


Over and out,
Erin.



4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely post; some good tips!

    Your blogs lovely; I nominated you for the Liebster Award; http://hamhilton.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/liebster-award.html There's the link for all the information and everything on my blog :-)!

    Hannah - hamhilton/blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha cute tip, I need to clean more! Music is the key to a tidy room! I love your blog and have followed via GFC, would love a follow back!x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to sound bad considering my age but I quite enjoy cleaning to Disney music. It's just so fun and cheery, how can you not have a good time?!?! :)

    I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have a an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there.

    Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! You've inspired me to go clean my room!


    http://hollybumblebeee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin