August 18, 2013

How To || Upcycling Glass Jars and Bottles.

 Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a lovely week. My post for this week is another "How-To"! (Are you noticing a pattern here at all?) I promise for next week I will have something different for you!

So as you know from my last post I recently had a major clean up of my room, and I wanted some pretty decorations to place here there and everywhere that could be useful and pretty at the same time! So..... *drumroll please* I decided to do some up-cycling!

What's up-cycling I hear you ask?
I think it is a fantastic idea, and it's also good for the environment too! So I thought I'd show you some of the different ways I have up-cycled glass jars and bottles.

1. As a stationary holder:



For these jars I made a collage of my favourite pictures on picmonkey.com which is a very easy to use and free website! I then stuck the collages onto my jars with contact and painted the screw top. Easy peasy and pretty!


2. As a jewellery/hair item holder:

I used these ones to hold my bobby pins, rings and little bits and bobs. For the jar with my name I stuck letter stickers on first and then painted over the top. Simple simon!

3. As a decoration:


That's all for now but I'll definitely be adding more when we have some more empty jars!

Which one is your favourite? Have you ever upcycled?

Over and out,
Erin




2 comments:

  1. Hi Erin,
    I have some crates hanging on my bedroom wall as shelves, but I think that's all I've ever upcycled properly to be honest.
    I love the little flower vase on the left! Such a cute idea.
    Have a great day,
    xo Flora // thelastpostblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin