I've decided to add a new section to my blog for "Blog of the Month" where I'm hoping to introduce you to my favourite blog of each month so you'll be able to enjoy the amazing blogs for yourself too! So without further ado here is July's Blog of the Month!
If you've been paying attention to my blog over the past month you will have seen my participating in the July Journaling Challenge, which was thought up by the wonderful Emily who runs this blog. Emily is only 14 years old yet she already has her own sense of who she is and what she likes, which I think is amazing! Fourteen year old me definitely could have taken a leaf from her book! Emily was kind enough to let me ask her a few questions so I could share them with you all:
1. How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to start your own blog?
I started blogging back in 2009, when I was 10 years old. I've been blogging for almost 5 years! My mum had a blog and I thought it looked really fun. I was being homeschooled at the time and my mum said I could start one, to practice my writing.
2. What advice would you give someone wanting to start their own blog?
Be yourself! Think up your own new ideas, something you haven't seen blogged about before. People will love this! Also don't be discouraged if it takes you a long time to get pageviews, everyone started out like that - Keep going and never give up!
3. The July Journaling Challenge is almost over. What was your favourite thing about doing it? Would you do it again?
My favourite thing about it was the challenge to journal everyday! It is challenging to stick at something like this, but so worth it in the end when you look back at all your hard work. I would definitely do it again!
4. What's your favourite blog post to make?
My favourite post to make are fashion posts! I just love choosing an outfit and going out somewhere to take photos. I love going through all the photos we took, and choosing which ones to use. I love seeing them go live and reading everyone's lovely comments!
5. What's the best thing/experience to come out of your blogging so far?
I I have had some amazing opportunities, like working with the wonderful brand The Lost Girls, and being in Peppermint Magazine, but the best thing to come out of blogging was meeting my best friend, Zali! If we had never of found each others blogs, we wouldn't of became such good friends, and spent time together in person, too!
6. What are some of your favourite blogs at the moment?
At the moment, my favourite blogs are: Picking Daisies, The Dainty Squid, A Beautiful Mess, Views of Now and The Secret Life of Bee.
7. Tell us something about you that not many people know...
I'm terribly afraid of being on planes, every time I've been on one I've cried most of the way! Every time we go to the pet store, or see an animal somewhere, I want it SO badly! And I love Minecraft!
8. Where would you like to see yourself in ten years time?
I would like to see myself living somewhere really nice, in the country, with lot's of pets! I want to still be working on my blog. I would like to have a fashion label, or maybe even a magazine!
9. What are your favourite things to do in your spare time?
I love to play with my dogs, teaching them new tricks. I recently taught Pugsley to high five! I love crocheting, too. I also love to hang out with my neighbours, they're really fun! I love dancing, and go to dance class every weekday. I also like playing with my brother Jasper.
I started blogging back in 2009, when I was 10 years old. I've been blogging for almost 5 years! My mum had a blog and I thought it looked really fun. I was being homeschooled at the time and my mum said I could start one, to practice my writing.
2. What advice would you give someone wanting to start their own blog?
Be yourself! Think up your own new ideas, something you haven't seen blogged about before. People will love this! Also don't be discouraged if it takes you a long time to get pageviews, everyone started out like that - Keep going and never give up!
3. The July Journaling Challenge is almost over. What was your favourite thing about doing it? Would you do it again?
My favourite thing about it was the challenge to journal everyday! It is challenging to stick at something like this, but so worth it in the end when you look back at all your hard work. I would definitely do it again!
4. What's your favourite blog post to make?
My favourite post to make are fashion posts! I just love choosing an outfit and going out somewhere to take photos. I love going through all the photos we took, and choosing which ones to use. I love seeing them go live and reading everyone's lovely comments!
5. What's the best thing/experience to come out of your blogging so far?
I I have had some amazing opportunities, like working with the wonderful brand The Lost Girls, and being in Peppermint Magazine, but the best thing to come out of blogging was meeting my best friend, Zali! If we had never of found each others blogs, we wouldn't of became such good friends, and spent time together in person, too!
6. What are some of your favourite blogs at the moment?
At the moment, my favourite blogs are: Picking Daisies, The Dainty Squid, A Beautiful Mess, Views of Now and The Secret Life of Bee.
7. Tell us something about you that not many people know...
I'm terribly afraid of being on planes, every time I've been on one I've cried most of the way! Every time we go to the pet store, or see an animal somewhere, I want it SO badly! And I love Minecraft!
8. Where would you like to see yourself in ten years time?
I would like to see myself living somewhere really nice, in the country, with lot's of pets! I want to still be working on my blog. I would like to have a fashion label, or maybe even a magazine!
9. What are your favourite things to do in your spare time?
I love to play with my dogs, teaching them new tricks. I recently taught Pugsley to high five! I love crocheting, too. I also love to hang out with my neighbours, they're really fun! I love dancing, and go to dance class every weekday. I also like playing with my brother Jasper.
I would definitely recommend giving Emily's blog a read for yourself!
Thanks again Emily for letting me interview you, you're such a unique person and I'm sure you are going to go on and achieve so many amazing things in the years to come!

Let me know if you enjoyed this kind of post. What are your favourite blogs from July?
Over and out,
Erin.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin