November 10, 2013

How To || Daisy Chain Headband



Hello best friends!
I posted this post about my new hair on Wednesday so I thought it would be fitting to do a related post on how to make the daisy chain headband you can see in some of the photos.
I've been absolutely obsessed with this headband from the second I made it, so I hope some of you will want to make it to!

What you will need:

- 1 yellow and 1 white ball of wool (or any colours you want)
- Crochet hook (I used 3.50mm)
- Thin elastic (Enough to reach around your head)
- Scissors
- Needle and thread

 


k
Steps:
1. Chain four in the colour you want in the middle of your flower
2. Slip knot through the first chain to make a small loop and then chain three
3. Crochet 8 single stitched around the circle until you reach the beginning again. When you reach the beginning slip stitch into the first single stitch you made and tie it off
4. With the white wool chain 7 (or more, depending on how big you want your petals to be.
5. Once your petal is the size you want, slip stitch into the next hole and then continue to chain stitch. Continue this the whole way around.
6.  Once you get back to beginning slip stitch and fasten off.
7. Repeat this to make as many flowers as you want.
8. With the needle and thread, sew the centre of each flower onto the elastic
9. Stitch the ends of the elastic together to make a full circle that fits your head.
10. Enjoy your new flower headband!

Alternately, if you want a bigger flower you can continue to crochet by doing 3 single stitches into each of the petals that you made.

     

    What do you think? Let me know if you try out making one!

    6 comments:

    1. That's so cute, but I would never be able to do that ;)
      I've nominated you for the Sunshine Award;
      http://foreveramber123.blogspot.nl/2013/11/the-sunshine-award.html

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ahhh this is soo wonderful and unique!! I really wanna know how to crochet! U look amazing with the headband Erin

      Xxx Barbora

      ReplyDelete
    3. I wish I could be that creative - it's the sweetest thing!

      thegirlinthemoonlight.blogspot.co.uk

      ReplyDelete
    4. This is so cute !! I've really been wanting to crochet something lately, this will be perfect ! It is so simple, but so cute!

      xoxo

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yay! Thankyou so much, if you do make it could you send me a photo? I'd love to see it! x

        Delete

    Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
    x Erin