It always seems to be around the start of May that I begin to realise that time is actually passing, and the year is slipping through my fingers faster than I intended it to. Every year I tell myself I won't let it happen again, and every single year it does. Maybe now that I've had that realisation I will start to get things together.
April was not a good month for me. I felt drained, emotionally and physically. Despite it starting out absolutely wonderfully it seems to have all slipped down hill, including being let down by friends and losing my job. Alas, I have virtually no favourites so am just going to show you some beautiful things I have stumbled across this month.
1. Quotes
I am a massive logophile and cannot get enough of quotes. I love the way they make you feel, they put into words things your mind knew but didn't know how to say.
----------------------------------------
2. Reclaimed by Nature
If there was nothing to stop me, I would spend my entire life looking at these kinds of images. To me they are so so beautiful, and make me feel so happy and peaceful. It's good to know that nature will find a way to fight back after our human touch has been removed from it.
3. Cities Without Lights
As someone utterly enthralled by stars this series of images breaks my heart and mends it all at the same time. These pictures depict what some major cities across the world would be able to see in the sky at night, if all the lights were turned off. The beauty speaks for itself.
----------------------------------------
So that is all for this post, sorry it was so short!
Tell me, what sort of things do you do to get yourself motivated and back on track? I am in desperate need of suggestions right now!
x Erin





I'm so sorry to hear April wasn't a good month for you! Perhaps the future looks promising to you? I feel like whenever you plunge for a while, it just means something's coming to lift you back up. And I didn't even put two and two together that May means that this year is almost half over already! Holy guacamole, that's frightening! I do have high hopes for the rest of the year, though. And I'm proud of my first 1/3, I will say that. ^-^
ReplyDeleteI totally agree, and I'm working to make May a much better month! (How many m's were in that sentence?) Haha I know how scary is it how fast time flies! I read this article the other day that said that each year seems to go faster than the last because it is a smaller fraction of your life than the last one. Does that make sense? Like when you're three years old a year is an entire 1/3 of your life, but when you're 13 it's only 1/13th of your life so far. Definitely makes sense!
DeleteIt's good that you have high hopes for the rest of the year! Can't wait to see what you get up to :) x
Hello Erin,
ReplyDeleteI have just trawled through every single one of your posts *stalker alert!* and I think that you are AMAZING!! you can sew, you write poetry, you are intelligent, you are beautiful, you are kind, overall you just seem to be a gorgeous person!
xx Georgina
Oh Georgina this is so so nice for you to say! I don't even want to think about what you would have found if you trawled back far enough! Haha this comment made me smile so much :D x
Delete