Hello lovelies! I am back with a new sewing post! University takes up a lot of my time so I'm always grateful for some spare time to do what I want! Recently that involved altering my dads old tartan shirt into something I could wear as the weather transitioned from thick jumper weather to more 1/2 and 3/4 sleeves. Enjoy!
Being the professional blogger I am, I forgot to take a picture at the very start! ahh! So in picture 1, the shirt has already been taken up to my length. Before it was down way past my bottom and the sleeves fell well over the ends of my hands (hence why the sleeves are rolled.
2. I then put a bit of gathering in the back of the shirt to make it look more fitted for a feminine shape rather than a male!
3. I used the material I cut off when I took the shirt up to make a bow to sew onto the back of the shirt.
4. I sewed the bow to the back of the shirt and added some lace for a more girl touch.
5. At the last minute I also decided to add some lace around the collar of the shirt.
6. The finished product!

I really like how this shirt turned out, and decided to pair it with my grey-green jeans and a simple black singlet, to make the shirt the statement piece!
![]() | ||||
| I have way too much fun taking photos |

Do any of you like to alter your old clothes to make them into something new? Maybe you alter someone elses clothes like me....
Hope you all have a lovely week!
Over and out,
Erin.




The shirt looks so different now!
ReplyDeletehttp://initialed.blogspot.com
I love the lacing around the collor! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6885029
Hi Erin, I just stumbled across your blog and I just wanted to tell you that I really love it. You have so many original and creative posts and so many great ideas! Very interesting!
ReplyDeleteI followed you so I won't miss out anything!
Sofie x
http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/
Thankyou so much! That is so sweet of you :) I've just checked out your blog too and am now following! x
DeleteI wish I was good at re-inventing my clothes! I love the lace detail :)!
ReplyDeletehttp://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/
xx
This looks great! Lovely idea!:)
ReplyDeleteThank-you for visiting my blog!
Hugs, Brittany, xx
Wow! I love the lace and the whole idea in general! omg the last photo is my favorite- you have perfected the 'sex-bomb' pose ;)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I've nominated you for the liebster award! You can check out all the details etc. over on my blog and I really hope you join in the tag xxx :)
I forgot to add that my blog is zoesque.blogspot.co.uk ! oops :)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete