Hello again everyone! I hope your weeks are going well!
I haven't done any sort of Q&A/Tag post for a while now, so I thought it would be a good time to do the Chocolate Book Tag!
I was tagged by the lovely Girl In The Moonlight to do this post for you. I will be linking to each book's Goodreads page so you can check them out some more if you're interested. So let's get started!
1. Dark Chocolate (A book that covers a dark topic)
For this one I'm going to say The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. A lot have you have probably heard of this book after the movie was released, but if you haven't read it I urge you to! It focuses on a young girls experience of living in Nazi Germany. It's a really unique perspective on Hitlers rein that most of these kinds of books normally just brush over. Plus, Markus is Australian which makes him 500 better, and I was even lucky enough to have him talk to my grade back in 2009.
2. White Chocolate (Favourite light-hearted/humorous read)
This made me realise that I don't read humorous books.... so I can't answer this one sorry! All of my books tend to focus on large and important topics. I can't remember the last time I just read one that was funny!
3. Milk Chocolate (A book with a lot of hype that you're dying to read)
Probably one of Rainbow Rowell's books, either Eleanor and Park or Fangirl I've heard a lot of people talking about these books, so I'm keen to see what the hype is all about! Have any of you read these books? I'd love to know your thoughts!
4. Caramel-filled Chocolate (A book that makes you feel all gooey inside)
Most of the time I'm not the biggest fan of love stories. So that being said, my favourite is probably The Fault in our Stars by John Green. It's a complex story with more than just the focus of love, but at the same time it shows the relationship between Augustus and Hazel really well, without going over-the-top soppy! I doubt I have to tell you what it's about, seeing as the entire population of the world has read it.
5. Wafer-less KitKat (A book that has surprised you)
Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman. I started reading this book in 2008 but was clearly too young back then to appreciate what it was talking about. I found it again at a thrift shop for $1 a few months ago so decided to give it another go. After my failed first attempt, I was surprised with how much I enjoyed this book. It raises some really important issues, and it now sits high up in my list of favourite books. If you want to read a book that makes you think, I would recommend this one.
6. Snickers (A book you're going nuts about)
This one isn't a book but a series of books, but it's the Last Survivors Series by Susan Beth Pfeffer. What's sending me nuts is WHY HASN'T EVERYONE IN THE WORLD READ THIS BOOK??? WHY IS EVERYONE NOT REALISING HOW AMAZING IT IS THAT WE ARE ALIVE, AND THAT THE SUN RISES EVERY MORNING AND WE'RE LIVING ON THE ONLY PLANET WE'VE FOUND SO FAR THAT HARBOURS LIFE????
Let me tell you a little bit about it: The first book begins with everyone excited over a meteor that is supposed to pass really close to the moon. In a twist of fate, the meteor hits the moon, knocking it closer to the earth. What follows is catastrophic: The effect of the moon on the tides increases, tsunamis are happening all around the globe as well as other disasters such as volcanic eruptions and wide-spread famine. The book follows the diary of a young girl struggling for survival with her family, and dealing with things that nobody should ever have to deal with. It's a shocking look into what would happen if a widespread disaster like this was to happen. I haven't managed to get my eager hands on the fourth book in the series yet, but I'm sure it will be just as much of an edge-of-your-seat nail-biting adventure as the first one. Seriously GO AND CHECK THESE BOOKS OUT.
7. Hot Chocolate (A book you turn to for a comfort read)
Definitely definitely definitely Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier. Whenever real life just gets too much to deal with, I can always find solace in this book. I've read it so many times now that whenever I open it again it's like younger versions of myself have been safely pressed and preserved between the pages. My description of it will not do it any justice at all, so if you like stories of adventure, magic and faerie-folk I would recommend checking it out for yourself.
8. Box of Chocolates (A series you feel has something for everyone)
Is it possible to have a series that everyone would enjoy? Probably not. But a series that I love is the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth. Most of you have probably heard of the movie, but once again if you haven't read the books I can't recommend them high enough. They have love, action, adventure, and face real world issues. What more could you want!?
So that's the tag! Sorry if it was a bit long! I hope you got at least some ideas of books that you might want to read in the future. I have so many more books I would love to share with you, so if you ever need recommendations you know who to ask!
If anyone wants to do this tag, do it and then send me the link so I can read about all of your favourite books!
xx Erin







Thank you for all the recommendations! I think I'm gonna add a few to my To Read list.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if it's the kind of book you'd like to read, but for a funny book, I recommend The 13 1/2 Lives of Captain Bluebear by Walter Moors! It's the autobiography of a bear who lives in this fantasy world called Zamonia, and he goes on all these *wild* adventures. Silkworm and I started it a while ago and got 3/4ths of the way through all the way back last year, and we're hoping to finish it this weekend. ^-^
Excuse me, Walter Moers*, not Moors! My bad!
DeleteOh, Fangirl was so lovely<3 I seriously couldn't put it down! Finished it in just about a day and half:) And Eleanor and Park didn't take me much longer either! I'd definitely give them a go :) The one you recommended sounds SO good, I'm looking out for that one!
ReplyDeletexx Juli
Oh, I really want to read The fault in our stars! (I'm not one of the entire population I guess, haha) I've heard so many good things about this book and it makes me very curious.
ReplyDeleteSofie x
Little green Sofie
I love the idea of a chocolate book tag... how unique! I just got Eleanor and Park and I'm planning on reading it some time soon, I just have so many books on my "to-read" list right now. ;)
ReplyDelete