May 18, 2014

OOTD || Maxi Dress


I wanted to do another outfit post that was less words and more photos today.
The other day I went to a thrift shop and found this dress. At first I had bought it with the intention of shortening it to just below my knees, but when I put it on I found it fit me perfectly and I fell in love with the way it looks long.

Now you may think I'm strange for saying this, but my favourite kinds of clothes are the ones that make me feel like somebody else, and this dress does just that. It reminds me of so many characters from my favourite storybooks and I think that's what I like most about it. It isn't flashy or eye-catching, it's actually really quite simple, but it makes me happy when I'm wearing it, and that's all that matters.

The afternoon light was gorgeous when I took these photos, and I hope you all enjoy my little windowsill garden!

x Erin

14 comments:

  1. You literally look like a book character, I don't know what it is about that dress, but my oh my--and that first photo, oh my goodness. ♥ You're beautiful.

    PS - Your bunting is adorable and your boots are fab.
    PPS - Those rainbow speckles on your face are just proof that you're magical. What reflection? That's just Erin's face spewing rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! That makes me so happy that you think so! You are actually so wonderful and kind it's crazy, how do you do it? Please teach me your ways! x

      Delete
  2. You look great in that dress! I agree with Carly: you came straight from a book.
    Also, your room looks lovely. Have you thought about doing a room tour? I'm curious to see what the rest looks like. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyyy! I'm so happy that you both think so :) I've actually been considering doing a room tour for a while now! Since you've suggested it, I definitely will do one :) x

      Delete
  3. You have such a gorgeous smile! It's so pure and sunny. This does have such a wonderful bookish vibe to it. Love it :)

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so sweet of you to say! Thankyou so much :) x

      Delete
  4. i love your style and that dress is such a perfect length i'm in love x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your style. You're gorgeous. And I'm glad to hear and see that I have found another Australian blogger! :)

    Thanks for following me x

    http://naturallyjes.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woohoo! I've found that Australian bloggers aren't as rare as we think they are! Thankyou so much :) x

      Delete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin