January 20, 2016

Half the World Away

The first time I heard one of Aurora's songs I was in complete awe. She's a year younger than me and her voice and songs are nothing short of complete magic. A few weeks after discovering her songs Runaway and Running with the Wolves the John Lewis advert came out with her singing Half the World Away by Oasis. I can't tell you how many times I've listened to it since.

When I listen to songs I see images in my mind. Aurora's songs are some of the rare few whose images line up with the ones that fill my daydreams, and that's the most wonderful feeling you can imagine.


When I listen to this song I hear a thin film of dust settling on beloved objects. I hear the a crackle of golden afternoon sunlight and the creak of bare feet on wooden floors, I hear a grandfather clock stuck on the same time for months. I hear tales of weariness and hope. It sounds like the joy of being alone and the desire to escape a place you can never seem to leave.




x Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin