I feel like my life is just one big game of dress up and recently I've been inspired by the Renaissance as well as generally any time in the past where women wore lovely dresses every day because that's just how it was. I got the idea for this green "overdress" item one night then caught the bus to the fabric store the next day and got all I needed to make it. I made the brown skirt on the same day too because I am definitely a skirt and dress person and you can never have to many of either (now that I think about it, have I ever done an outfit post wearing shorts/pants?)
I know you're thinking I'll never have an occasion to wear this, and that's true. Hence why it's not actually finished in these photos; I've actually hemmed it up so it falls at the same length as a skirt. I just liked how it looked long and wanted to get some photos before I cut it.
One thing that I love about it is that I can match the skirts and shirts that I wear underneath it to get a different look each time, how wonderful!
x Erin
PS. Let me know if you've been sewing any outfits lately, I have so many homemade dresses in my cupboard now that it makes me happy every time I open it.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin