There was no way I couldn't write about this.
This evening the wind was incredibly gusty, unusually so. As I looked out my window at the treetops swaying I saw something even more amazing: a giant swarm of bats being tossed around in the wind. I squealed in delight and sprinted outside camera in hand but nothing could prepare me for what I saw. Tens of thousands of bats were flying directly over my house, crashing into each other as the wind threw them about. The neighbours were out in their yard looking up at them too but everyone else cooped in their houses have no idea what they missed out on.
Bats do generally fly over my house at this time of year, but they're usually higher up and substantially smaller in number. I think the low lying cloud had something to do with it but never in my life have I seen so many bats. I was awe inspired at this incredible show of nature, it definitely makes the top two most insanely breathtaking moments of my life.
(Scroll down to the bottom for a video of them!)
I feel so honoured to have seen it.
x Erin




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin