Hey everyone! How have your weeks been? Lovely and sunny I hope! A few weeks ago when winter finally gave way to spring I decided to make a spring/summer skirt (instead of doing uni work....) So I thought I would explain how to make it here! It's super easy and quick to do! All you need is:
1. Elastic
2. A long amount of material (the longer it is, the more flowy the skirt!)
3. A sewing machine.
4. Lace (optional)
Method:
1. First of all choose your fabric and make sure you have enough of it! I chose a really light floral material.
2. If your material isn't long enough you can always sew separate sections onto each other
3. Measure the elastic around your waist and cut to the right size. Make sure you leave a bit of overlap so you can sew the ends together at the end.
4. (I forgot to take photos of this!) Fold over the top of the fabric (on the long edge) and sew a "tunnel" for the elastic to pass through. Make sure it's wide enough for the elastic
5. Once the elastic is fully threaded sew the two ends together securely so there's no chance of them breaking apart.
6. Hem the skirt
7. Add any extra details you want e.g. Lace
8. The most important step. TAKE HEAPS OF SPINNY PHOTOS.
Have you sewn anything recently?









This is very very cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI need to make this!!!
Have a great day :-D
Alex XOXO
Soo soo wonderful!! U created something amazing Erin!! I love it!!
ReplyDeleteXxBarbora
Abitconfusing.blogspot.com
This is soo beautiful!! Defo gonna try it out this summer!! Thanks soo much, you're the best :D xo.
ReplyDelete