Hello lovely people!
If you follow me on my instagram, you'll probably know that I've recently picked up the hobby of embroidery. I'm no professional by a long stretch, but it's very relaxing and fun to do, so I thought I would show you my process! Each one normally takes a whole day of work, but of course it doesn't all have to be done at once!
So far I have made one for Divergent, The Fault in our Stars, and a wonderful quote that I found while scrolling through tumblr.
First up, my TFIOS embroidery!
To start this embroidery I found a still from the movie, which I then put through an app that makes it look more like a sketch. After that I traced over the lines that I wanted to copy onto my fabric. Any outlines of features, as well as creases in clothing etc. were included. I traced these lines onto my fabric, and then I was off! I repeated the tracing onto different coloured fabrics for their jackets, then just started a simple embroidery stitch over all the lines. My absolute favourite thing to do is the hair, it looks really nice once it's done.
After completing that, and then becoming obsessed with the Divergent movie, I had to do a Divergent embroidery too! Using all the same steps.
Because in the movie Tris' hair is a mix between blond and brown, I combined both coloured threads on my needle to make a hair colour as close as I could get. I really like how it turned out!
I can't wait to do some more embroideries soon!
Which one is your favourite so far?
xx Erin





Oh my butterfly, Erin, these are amazing. You're one of those people who can just pick up any craft no matter if you've never tried it before and do great after a few seconds of practice, aren't you?
ReplyDeleteFar from it! I just don't let anyone know about all the things I try and completely fail at haha :P
DeleteThese are amazing!! I don't think I have the patience for that :P
ReplyDeleteI definitely love these SO much!
Ruby xx
These are so cool and make me so happy <3 I'm obsessed with TFIOS and Divergent. Thinking about giving this a go! xo
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lexilikes.com/
These are really cool! I've been wanting to try my hand at embroidery.
ReplyDeleteLauren | OhHay Blogs!
xxx
I love the second one !
ReplyDeleteEb x
Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk