April 6, 2014

Monthly Favourites || March

It's that time of the month again! (No no not that time.) Monthly favourites time!
I feel like March was a good blogging month for me. I got back into the swing of things after having a shocking February (also, I currently have 7 posts scheduled. What!?) and I'm also feeling pretty happy and confident in myself in general which is always a good thing!

So let's stop blabbering and get into it!

FAVOURITE QUOTE


I've seen this quote floating around tumblr quite a bit, which makes sense because it's just so true. All too often we pick on what we look like, the things we do etc. and hate ourselves for these things. We might work so hard on changing who we are thinking that at the end of it we will finally love ourselves. This is not true, because the only way to love yourself is to do exactly that: LOVE YOURSELF! Accept your flaws and imperfections as part of who you are, and even if you want to work to change them, what's the harm in loving yourself along the way? I promise you, that as soon as you focus less on hate an more on love, you will become best friends with yourself, which is the best thing you could possibly do for yourself. Treat yourself like you would someone you love dearly.

FAVOURITE BOOK

This month I don't have a favourite book so much as a book series, and it's the Winding Circle Quartet by Tamora Pierce. These books are probably aimed at an age group much younger than my own, but I am of the belief that if you enjoy something nobody else has any say in whether or not you should be enjoying it.

I think this is probably the fourth or fifth time I've read this series? But whenever I'm a little tired of my mundane life I read them and get transported into a world that I now know well, with characters that seem more like friends than just characters, like they're welcoming me home. Plus it gives me warm and fuzzy nostalgia. I feel like this quote from another of my favourite series Inkheart sums it up pretty well:

“Isn't it odd how much fatter a book gets when you've read it several times?" Mo had said..."As if something were left between the pages every time you read it. Feelings, thoughts, sounds, smells...and then, when you look at the book again many years later, you find yourself there, too, a slightly younger self, slightly different, as if the book had preserved you like a pressed flower...both strange and familiar.” 

MOST WANTED ITEM

THIS THIS THIS THIS

Being the biggest lover of the Eragon books (The Inheritance Cycle) by Christopher Paolini, I pretty much died when I saw this. Because my helix piercing will take at least until December to completely heal, I might have accidentally bought this to jazz up my ear while I'm waiting. Besides, who doesn't want a pet dragon perched on your ear as though it's ready to defend you against any bad things people might say to you?

FAVOURITE OUTFIT

(Full outfit post coming soon!)


FAVOURITE SONG

I've had quite a few favourite songs over the course of March, including:

The 4:45 Through Rememberance by Tristan Clopet (Apparently nobody knows this song/artist? I can't find a video to link to anywhere on youtube! but I would definitely definitely recommend downloading his album for free from here)
L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N by Noah and the Whale
You and I by Ingrid Michaelson
When You Were Mine by Taylor Henderson (Specifically the first two lines!)

What's something you've been loving this month?
x Erin

4 comments:

  1. "You and I" is the cutest song oh my goodness I'm totally in agreement. <3 And that dress is adorable, and I've wanted that dragon ear cuff thingy ever since I first saw one on Tumblr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It is so so cute, and it gets stuck in my head alllllll the time! Thankyou! and you should definitely get an ear cuff! I cannot wait until mine arrives. I really hope it looks nice on! xx

      Delete
  2. Can't wait for the posts ! They always make me so happy ! I love everything you have posted here !
    Eb x
    Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make me so happy! Thankyou! :) xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin