Hello!
Today I thought I would tell you about this smock dress that I made back in March! I've done full outfit photos for it too, so if you want to see them they'll be uploaded on the 20th.
I have been wanting to own a smock dress for the longest time, after seeing all of the gorgeous ones at Mod Dolly. As seems to be a trend with me, I couldn't afford one so I made one instead! I copied a rough outline of this dress to make the pattern for the top and then just made the rest up as I went along, including working out how to line the top, as well as make pockets. It was an adventure and a half!
I decided to add a collar, and made one out of some old fabric I had lying around that was a newspaper print. I feel as though it's a nod to the dress below that my mother made for my sister and I when we were just miniature versions of ourselves now. Looks like my five year old self never truly went away if I'm still wearing the same print nearly 14 years later!
I seem to have the bouts of sewing frenzy, where I won't sew anything for the longest time and the suddenly will want to sew everything I can in the space of a week. I wish I could be a bit more consistent!
Sorry for not having many pictures of the actual sewing process this time, as I simply forgot to! I promise to take more next time.
xx Erin



Great talent!
ReplyDeleteThe dress is beautiful! :)
Sarah
Pretty Gloss ♥ beauty, makeup & a bit of life..
bloglovin' | twitter | pinterest | facebook
Woah, this is so amazing, I love it so much! I'd do anything to learn this haha. Thanks for following me, I just followed you back. Love your blog already! <3
ReplyDeleteXX Kim
(from the hopeful forum, yay!)
This is so amazing !
ReplyDeleteEb x
Thefearlessfox.blogspot.co.uk
This is so pretty! It looks so easy to wear as well- great for summer! Do you think you'll wear it around?
ReplyDeleteT xxxx
http://www.teganmcn.blogspot.co.uk/
You are such a creative person, Erin. I really love your smock dress. The collar makes it super pretty. And that picture of you and your sister is adorable!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I've nominted you for the Inspiring Blogger award because you are such an inspiring girl! All you need to know is on my blog.
Sofie x
Little green Sofie
I love and admire your creativity! As a parent I would be soo proud! I really want to know how to sew like u Erin!
ReplyDeleteXx Barbora