September 21, 2014

Recipe || Healthy(ish) Pancakes

A few weekends ago it was Father's Day, and I thought it was the perfect time to tick off one of my monthly goals by learning a new recipe to make for breakfast. I'm not the best cook so I thought I'd start off easy: pancakes!

It took a little bit of searching around to find a recipe I liked but eventually settled on one by the Australian Heart Foundation with a few minor modifications. If you fancy making them yourself, then here is what to do:

Ingredients: 
(This made 16 decently sized pancakes)
Pancakes
-1.5 cups self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
-1.5 cups milk (I use almond milk)
- small amount of butter (so they don't stick to the pan)
Topping
- 1 punnet of strawberries, sliced
- low fat natural yoghurt, beaten


What to do:

- Whisk the yoghurt in a bowl until it's smooth and add in strawberries. Put it back in the fridge to keep cool while you're making your batter.


2. Sift flour and nutmeg into a mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk together until smooth and then poor into the flour & nutmeg bowl.
4. Mix until all combined.


5. Heat a frying pan over low heat and melt a little bit of butter over it.
6. Put your mixture into something that'll make it easier to pour.
7. Pour some mixture into your pan and wait until bubbles appear before flipping over.
8. Keep going until you've got your own little army of golden pancakes.


9. Serve with yoghurt and eat right up! We also had banana, almonds, frozen berries and maple syrup on ours, along with some freshly squeezed orange juice. Delicious!




I'd say my first solo cooking experience was a success! Now maybe I'll try something a little more difficult in October... Let me know if you've cooked anything delicious recently!

x Erin






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin