How on earth it's already been a year since I was writing my 2015 resolutions post is beyond me. Looking back at it I think I managed to do quite well on most of my resolutions. I started my Etsy which now takes up a great chunk of my days, I branched out and took the plunge to try new things and I now finish the year with quite a different mindset then when I started it.
2015 is almost over though, so it's time to leave this road to turn onto another. It's the perfect opportunity to look ahead and work out which direction I want to travel in. Here's a peek of where I hope to be this time next year.
1. One technology free day each week
Completely self explanatory. I also just realised that I've had some sort of technology-related resolution on my list since 2013. Let's make it so I don't need to make one next year okay? Okay.
2. Actively seek inspiration
This is a very general resolution for a lot of different topics. I want to read more books, discover more art, watch more documentaries and find more likeminded people to find inspiration from. No more endless scrolling through tumblr hoping that someone's reblogged some inspiration onto my dashboard. Instead I'm going to get up and go find it in as many different places in as many different ways by as many different people as I can.
3. Write something everyday
Again this is pretty self explanatory. I've gotten myself a 365 notebook (although next year has 366 days!) and I want to use it every day. I want to start trying different things with my writing/poetry so I think a notebook where no-one but me will ever see my work is the perfect place to start. This resolution will be hard to maintain I know, but I can try!
4. Create. Create. Create!
I love this blog space because it always gets me to think of creative ways to set out my posts or present something. But I still think I can do more. I always see the work other people have done and it's so amazing that I'm left wishing I could draw or paint or a number of other things. Maybe that's okay, but I do want to try more creative things more often instead of once in a while.
5. Live more consciously
Educate myself on topics that usually get swept under the rug. Be mindful of my actions and their consequences. Be aware of my importance and insignificance simultaneously and act accordingly. I also want to try to spend less and realise that everything I own is enough. This means only buying one book a month (I have a book buying problem) and making better use of the library. Also shopping only at thrift stores (I generally do this already although it's good to have a set rule to stick by!)
6. Be
Perhaps a bit of a cryptic one. But be happy, be sad, be whatever I'm feeling in a moment without judgment or wishing that what it is wasn't what it is. Be wherever I am whenever I am and be there completely.
I think overall my resolutions fall under the title of "Be Authentic", cut back all of the haze of consumerism and distraction we live behind and remember what real living is.
I'd love to hear some of your resolutions!
x Erin

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin