December 13, 2015

Outfit || December: Pinecone Pinafore



Do you know what makes me sad? The great big title of CHRISTMAS FABRIC that ensures you'll feel self conscious wearing anything made from it at any time that's not the one week around christmas where it's acceptable to do so. This is me making a stand against such a horrible fate for a fabric because pinecones were just nature before you came and slapped a "Christmas" sticker on it thankyou very much.

Now that's out of the way, it felt so good to get back in my sewing room and spend an entire day just working on something new to wear. My wardrobe is getting to the point where half of it is homemade and the other half is from thrift stores and that makes me very happy. The most expensive item in this outfit is my shoes and they were $15.

There's something about pinafores that makes me very happy, maybe it's the childishness of them, or the plethora of different shirts and styles you can wear with them. Either way this is the second one I've made, the last one being this one. (Oh my actual goodness as I'm writing this post it's been exactly 2 years to the day since my last pinafore post. What is this? Magic?)

Anyway, making this pinafore was a heap of fun, my favourite part of the whole thing being the tiny embroidery on the pocket. You can catch me wearing this whenever because I will not bow to the Christmas fabric stigma.

x Erin.

PS. Here's a quick little video I made while I was making my pinafore to show a bit of my process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin