October 30, 2013

Sewing Alteration || Purple Dress


Hello best friends!
How are you all going? I feel like I've been a bit M.I.A recently, even though I only missed one post!
So today I am here to show you a quick alteration I did on a thrift shop dress that I got forever ago.

If you like thrift shopping you'll know what I mean when I say that sometimes you just see items of clothing, and they aren't really what you would wear but you just know that one day you'll find something to do with them. That's exactly what this dress was, it reminded me of a dentists dress haha but I thought it looked too nice just to leave sitting there, so it's now been sitting in my cupboard instead for months on end.


I never had a reason to do anything with the dress before but I recently went to a school reunion of sorts which was not utterly dressy but not casual either, so I thought then would be the perfect time to whip this dress out of hiding.

Like the professional blogger I am, I forgot to take any photos of it before I started altering, so you're just going to have to imagine it without any of the lace. 

 

 I added the flower detailing and the lace around the sleeves to make it look a bit less like a work dress and to make it look a little girlier. I like how it turned out, the lace wasn't too much and it wasn't not enough either. All in all, I really like it!


I ended up pairing it with some low black boots/wedges


So what do you think? Do you like it? It's also great to wear when you're pretending to be a kid and jumping on your bed :)




I hope you've all had a wonderful stress-free week!
Have you altered something recently?

2 comments:

  1. Your blog honestly keeps getting better and better! :)
    xoxo
    foreveramber123.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin