June 14, 2013

10 Days of Childhood #2


1. Earliest memory
2. Favourite childhood memory
3. Embarrassing childhood story
4. Primary school stories
5. Favourite children's books
5. Best present you ever received as a child
6. Childhood friends
8. Something you miss
9. Quirky things you did as a child
10. Favourite childhood photos

Day 2: Favourite childhood memory

Oh goodness, why did I put this one second!? I'm going to need a few minutes to think about this.

GOT IT

Okay from when I was really little, until I was a bit older (really descriptive I know, I don't know exact ages!) my dad's friend from work owned this beach house on the Gold Coast and he would rent it out to us for like a week in the summer holidays. It was this tiny little thing with a big grass yard and it was one of those houses that are on stilts so you can walk around underneath them and I thought that was the coolest thing in the whole entire world. I still remember you'd walk up the stairs and on one side was the bathroom and the other side was the house. I just thought it was freaking cool okay. 

The house was right opposite the beach and we'd go there and dad would help us make the biggest sandcastles ever and we'd sit right on the top. Unfortunately I was too young to remember all this but when I got older and we went back I remembered more :)

Maybe the actual reason why I liked this beach house so much was that it was the one time of the year we got to eat froot loops for breakfast! I remember Aimee and I would always get those packs of cereal that have like 8 different kinds and we'd always fight over who got the froot loops, so mum had to buy two packs!

So there you go, here's two pictures from our first time at the beach house:


If you go to the beach house now, it's still there but is fully surrounded by sky rises. It's quite sad really.

Over and out,
Erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin