June 5, 2013

The Color Run.

So this weekend was quite possible the most fun I have had in my entire life! On Saturday Ashleigh and I caught the train to the Gold Coast to pick up our packets that was happening on the sunday. Even though the train trip was pretty long (an hour each way) we talked the whole time just about anything and everything. About university and how we're not sure it really suits what either of us want to do with our lives, it was quite an eye opening conversation and I left it more sure with what I want to do with my life, I'm just not sure that university is it.

So after the train trip back Ash had circus training so I went home and sewed up these pants for the 3 of us (Ash, Lee-Ann and I)

I love them so much! The Color Run logo is from the sleeves of our t-shirts which we cut off to make them muscle tanks. They looked so awesome!


So Saturday night Ash and Lee-Ann slept over, and we took some crazy photos on my webcam before hitting our beds at about 11pm in order to not be too dead when we woke up at 5am! So at 5 on Sunday morning Ash and I woke up without a struggle but we literally had to drag Lee-Ann out of bed! She is the worst morning person ever!


After we'd caught the train into the venue there was literally a sea of people in white t-shirts ready to get colourful!

I don't know how much you all know about the color run, but here's a quick overview:
- You run/skip/cartwheel/walk 5km, and every km they spray a different color on you
- At the end of it there is a MASSIVE finishing festival with music and everyone throws their packets of color in the air at the same time.
In the Orange Zone.
 When this happens it literally turns into night because the color is absolutely everywhere, and I would recommend trying to keep it out of your mouth, but everyone is so insanely colorful at the end and everyone is just happy and smiling. It's crazy!


The finish festival.
It was literally the best day of my life and some of the stares we got catching the train back all colorful were hilarious! I definitely would not have wanted to spend the day with anyone else, Ash and Lee-Ann are the best people you could ever hope to be friends with.

Over and out,
Erin.

2 comments:

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin