8. Something you miss
9. Quirky things you did as a child
10. Favourite childhood photos
Day 8: Something you miss
Oh man, this has got to be the hardest question of all the ten, to narrow down what I miss/will miss about my childhood into a list that won't take all year to read is going to be a challenge. Let's just begin by saying that I miss everything my childhood was, but at the same time I am so unbelievably grateful that I was able to have the childhood I did.
I miss my sense of imagination. I miss how I could spend the entire day with just two Barbie dolls and by the end of it I would feel like I had gone on a whole adventure to the other end of the earth and back. I miss how I would ride my bike in loops round and round my house and how I had imaginary friends that made up for my lack of real friends. I miss when my dad would come home from work and I would run out to meet him and he would throw me up in the air and then catch me again. I miss feeling loved by everyone.
I miss how people don't judge children, we were allowed to be anything and do anything we wanted.
I hate how just because I've increased in age it's suddenly unacceptable to spend all day having fun. I miss the friends I had, the games I played, the love I used to have for school. I miss not worrying about my appearance, I miss not worrying about boys. I miss not worrying about the future.
But most of all I miss how happy I was.
Over and out,
Erin.
There's so many things I miss about childhood too but, some days at least, I enjoy being grown up and knowing I'm doing things for myself. I think I miss the innocence most though!
ReplyDeletehttp://dibdabdebs.blogspot.co.uk
So true, as much as I miss my childhood I'm also looking forward to becoming more grown up and learning from experience :)
ReplyDelete