June 17, 2013

10 Days of Childhood #5


1. Earliest memory
2. Favourite childhood memory
3. Embarrassing childhood story
4. Primary school stories
5. Favourite children's books
5. Best present you ever received as a child
6. Childhood friends
8. Something you miss
9. Quirky things you did as a child
10. Favourite childhood photos

Day 5: Favourite Children's Books:

Let me just start by saying I love how absolutely nobody is reading these posts but I keep making them anyway. One day I'll look back on this blog and be glad I stuck this tag out!

Now, onto day five.

If any of you know me you'll know that I absolutely loveeeeeee to read, and I accredit that to the fact that ever since I was a tiny tot my parents read all sorts of stories to me. I remember in Grade 3 we had set readings and my mum would have to ask the teacher to set me harder books. Whoops! So naturally I have a lot of favourite books so I'm going to try to narrow them down into a short list.

1.  You and Me Little Bear.
Ever since I can remember, my nickname in my family has been "Little Bear" so one year my parents gave this to me for Christmas, and my mum and I used to read it together all the time. (Even though I'm nearly 18 mum still sometimes asks to read to me. I haven't said yes yet but maybe I should.)
2. I can't find the book cover for this one but I believe it was called Bedtime Stories for Little Ones and it was a massive story book split into three sections, with stories about dogs, bear and rabbits. But my favourite part of all was that on every page you had to find the hidden paw print of the animal. Many hours were spent trying to find them all!

3. The Enchanted Dolls House
I cannot put my love for this book into words. It is less of a story book and more of an adventure. With pop up houses, and things to find where the dolls travel through different time periods. I got this book when I was around 11 or 12 and still love it to this day. I think this could be where my obsession with being a princess came from.

So that's all for today! If you have a favourite childhood story book please leave me a comment :)
If not, I will talk to you all tomorrow!

Over and out,
Erin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin