June 13, 2013

10 Days of Childhood #1

Hey everyone!
So I thought I'd try something new out on my blog for the next 10 days. In exactly 10 days today, I'm turning 18! Which is a big deal in Australia because it means you are now a legal adult. Excuse me? I'm going to be a child for the rest of my life thanks. But seeing as I only have 10 days left of being known as a child I thought I would post and aspect of my childhood that I love for the days leading up to my birthday! Here they are:

1. Earliest memory
2. Favourite childhood memory
3. Embarrassing childhood story
4. Primary school stories
5. Favourite children's books
5. Best present you ever received as a child
6. Childhood friends
8. Something you miss
9. Quirky things you did as a child
10. Favourite childhood photos


DAY 1: Earliest Memory

So according to some scientists somewhere most people only begin remembering things from the age of 4, which I suppose in my case is sort of true since my earliest memory is from kindergarten, when I was exactly four years old.

I remember we had a swing out the back of the kindy that was basically just a tyre laying flat and some ropes holding it off the ground, I'm not sure quite how it happened but I fell off and grazed up both of my knees really bad. (Bad for a 4 year old that is). So my kindy teacher took me inside and lifted me onto one of the benches in the kitchen, which was quite exciting for me, since we weren't allowed to sit on them normally! Then she rinsed off my knees and put on some weird white powdery stuff to stop them bleeding. That's a pretty random thing to remember but it is honestly my earliest memory!

One of my other memories from kindy is when we used to have nap time and I would never go to sleep, I would just sit up flicking through the pages of a Whinnie The Pooh book, but not reading the words, just looking at the pictures! I also remember dressing up in this cute little outfit for pirate week!


I ran into an old kindy friend at university a few weeks ago and we were sharing stories from it, he sure does remember a lot more than me!

Over and out,
Erin.


1 comment:

  1. Cute tag. I'm now doing it over on my blog!

    http://dibdabdebs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin