July 3, 2013

July Journaling || Day 3 || Favourite Thing To Do

Don't know what the July Journaling challenge is? Want to join in? Check it out here [x]





Today's theme was "My Favourite Thing To Do" Excuse me!? I'm suppose to pick just one!? 
As you can see that was just not possible so I went with two of my all time favourite things (I kind of wish I'd added in writing poetry, oh well!) I went with Reading and Sewing.

The reading page looks kind of messy because I spent 30 minutes trying to find the white paint and couldn't find it anywhere! ugh but I think it turned out alright, I've painted over the top of a (photocopied) page from my favourite book Eragon. I just started rambling on about what I like about reading and I think it sounded really nice. I'm not sure if you can read it in the photo so I'll write it out here:

" Enter a world that is completely your own. 
Where you are both the Damsel in Distress and the Hero. 
Anything is possible & magic is real. 
Magic is ALWAYS real. 
Leave a piece of yourself folded neatly in each page, 
a time capsule saved for when your future self picks the book up again, 
brushes off the dust & is pulled back in time to the warm summer days you spent reading in the garden, 
or the stormy night wrapped under blankets with nothing but a torch and a book. 
Books aren't made of pages, 
they're made of friends standing with open arms,
 ready to welcome you back no matter how long you've been away.
 Books are the one thing you can turn your back on and know they will remain your friend."

Are any of you doing this challenge? Are you finding it as mentally stimulating as I am?
I'm looking forward to upcoming entries and trying to learn to be a bit more creative.

Over and out,
Erin.

1 comment:

  1. I love sewing to! For day 3 I did taking pictures with my cameras because I'm obsessed with cameras! :') I like your page and that you have sewn your the words yourself!
    - Becky xox

    www.adaintyfawn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin