Hello beautiful people,
So if you read my post from yesterday you would know that it was a rather wet and miserable day, meaning that I was trapped indoors. So I figured there was no better way to spend the day than doing some sewing that I have been meaning to do for a while! I sewed two different things yesterday, here's the first:
I sewed three cushions to match the theme of my room and I think they turned out really well! The fabric on the front of them has old world maps with a plethora of hot air balloons on it. Seeing has my room is all about travel and hot air balloons there could not be a more perfect fabric! As soon as I have a backing I'm also going to make a blind to put across the windows near my desk. The backs of the cushions are all a different colour with a small pattern on them. The backs are green, orange and blue so I can switch them around depending on how I'm feeling each day!
The second thing I made was a bit of a spur of the moment thing, I decided I was tired with the wall above my dressing table being so plain, so I made up some material flags. It was a great way to use up some of the scrap material that is lying around the house that nobody can use. I simply made a triangle stencil and cut out the pieces before sewing them up and then when they were all finished I sewed them onto a long piece of orange ribbon. I think it looks really nice and really brightens up my room. It even matches my hot air balloon decoration I have hanging from the roof!
I have definitely found my love of sewing again!
Do any of you sew? What's the latest thing you've sewn?
Over and out,
Erin.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thankyou so much for reading this post! Feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them.
x Erin