Hello everyone! I don't think I've ever done a sewing DIY post before, but there's a first time for everything! So go and grab some material and follow along!
1. Find a material you like, that you will enjoy wearing on your head for the world to see!
2. Once you've done this you need to cut the fabric into a long rectangle, mine was 88cm x 12cm. Make sure the thickness is twice what you want, because you will be sewing this in half!
3. Fold the fabric in half along the long edge with the right sides together. Make sure the edges line up!
4. It's time to sew! Sew up half the long edge, leave about a 5cm gap and then continue sewing up the rest of the edge.
5. Getting the triangular ends is completely optional, but what I did was simply sew the edges up to a point at each end.
6. Turn the fabric the right way out! You can do this by pulling the edges through the 5cm gap you made in step 4.
7. Once this is done your headband is going to look like a giant sausage, so you need to go and iron it flat! Making sure it is folded in half properly when you iron it.
8. Sew over the gap that you made in the material so it stays closed.
9. Tie your brand new headband around your hair and prepare for some compliments!
What have you sewn recently? Will you try out this headband?
Over and out,
Erin.






So pretty love little DIY projects
ReplyDeleteCarrieanne x
http://beautiesunlocked.blogspot.co.uk/
Thankyou! I'll keep that in mind and might do some more in the future! x
DeleteWoow so easy and socute!!! I just followed u with bloglovin and I like your blog a lot :)))
ReplyDeleteXxx Barbora^^
I absolutely adore this post, I think you should do more pretty DIY projects!!! :)
ReplyDelete